Completed in 2010
The New Postal Museum, is located in a historic area of the city not far from the habour front. The Building was previously known as The General Post Office. The construction of same was completed in 1870 during the govern ship of Sir Henry Bartely (1863-1871). The building was converted into a postal museum in 2010 together with a dedicated space for temporary out gallery.
The Museum present a collection of artifacts that informs the visitor of the historical development of the post office services in Mauritius.
Facts + Figures
Gross Development Area: 1000 sqm